Friday, August 27, 2004

There are just some days..

I used to love to write. I still do. If its my diary, I can go on for ages.. if I am writing a letter, I can very well ‘ ramble on to 18 pages. Front and back’
But this just feels strange. Writing on the net. I deleted many a post, thinking, it didn’t look right on the screen… well..

So I am attempting to write one more time.

I remember this day very clearly, an ordinary one. Cloudy mornings are my least favourite. The sun gone, the breeze with a nice autumn touch, in a rainy season felt like a bonus of sorts. But something was different bout this day. Nostalgic. Something that made me gloomier than ever.

I have never tried writing a poem. It’s not a natural talent. But the air was heavy, so was my heart. And trust me, if you are gloomy all day, by evening, it can be very very tough. So I decided, I should divert my energy and my head to do some constructive work. Well.. After an hour of laborious word hunting and brain scratching, a weird rhyming scheme, thousand times of ‘so are u really feeling that way’ I did it. I wrote the first poem of my life. Best of luck.



No title.

There are just some days,
No purpose of their own,
Go by quietly, no hint,
No rhythm, no goal.

No hint of sunshine,
The sky pours down, dull and gray,
Filling my heart with emotion,
A longing for a moment,
A memory of a glorious day.

No rhythm, to the routine,
The rain dances off beat,
My heart skips one though,
Its magic.. the thought of you,
Coffee, a book and a picturesque window seat.

The rain’s gone, the coffee finished,
The book’s done too,
Its all quiet now,
The window dark, my mind still lost,
And I’m still thinking of you.

A ring breaks the silence,
Its you on the line,
It’s weird you chose today to call
Just thinking of you,
The day had been fine.

I wonder if you will ever know,
That call had set me free
It made me wonder even more,
If it had rained there too,
And made you think of me.



4 comments:

Phaedrus said...

Hey, that was really nice. If this really was your first poem lets hope it isnt the last one!

Abhay said...

o baalkavi, tumcha kavita sangraha kadhi vachayla milel tumchya chahtyanna ???
no seriously, that was really nice.
i came back after a long time at your spot and was pleasantly surprised :)
don't stop now !!

aka said...

that really touched me man. ajun ajun plzz

amoeba said...

hey sontu, thats nice ...!! its always good to begin with something new ..!! go ahead ..!! this poem really portrays a picture of urs ..!! frame is little tight.. or its not??? - satya